This site was orginally created as a lesson plan and presentation. However, I felt that it would be to the advantage of all shipmates to be able to easily access this site on the internet. I realize that some people may be returning to the site more than once to access specific information or explanation of a specific block in the evaluation itself, so I have listed all the pages below so that you do not have to go through the entire lesson to access a single page.
Good luck and I sincerely hope this lesson and the various resources help you understand & improve your evaluations!
-The front page
- Links, guestbook, games to play, and downloadable resources created for personal use.
- Keeping track
- Brag Sheets
- Computing Averages
- Critical points
- FMS chart and computation
- Early promote chart
- Going up for Chief
- Example accomplishments to list
- Checking for errors
- Why go Block by Block?
THE EVALUATION BLOCKS
Click on the blocks for full explanations....
- NAME, RATE, DESIG, SSN, DUTY/COMPETITIVE STATUS
- UIC, SHIP/STATION, PROMOTION STATUS, DATE REPORTED, OCCASION FOR REPORT
- PERIOD OF REPORT, NOT OBSERVED REPORT, TYPE OF REPORT, PHYSICAL READINESS
- BILLET SUBCATEGORY, REPORTING SENIOR, GRADE, DESIGNATOR, TITLE, UIC, SSN
- COMMAND EMPLOYMENT AND COMMAND ACHIEVEMENTS, PRIMARY/COLLATERAL/WATCHSTANDING DUTIES, DATE COUNSELED, COUNSELOR, SIGNATURE OF INDIVIDUAL COUNSELED
- PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE, QUALITY OF WORK, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, MILITARY BEARING/CHARACTER
- PERSONAL JOB ACCOMPLISHMENT/INITIATIVE, TEAMWORK, LEADERSHIP
- INDIVIDUAL TRAIT AVERAGE, CAREER RECOMMENDATIONS, SIGNATURE OF RATER, COMMENTS ON PERFORMANCE, QUALIFICATIONS/ACHIEVEMENTS
- PROMOTION RECOMMENDATION (w/early promote chart), SUMMARY, RETENTION, SIGNATURE OF SENIOR RATER
- SIGNATURE OF REPORTING SENIOR, SIGNATURE OF INDIVIDUAL EVALUATED, REGULAR REPORTING SENIOR SIGNATURE ON CONCURRENT REPORT